Aviskree coded and designed by Yashaldie. Details and lore created by regtaf and JamieDigweed.
Full Lore / Story of the aviskree
Before you read the rest of the page, I recommend you read this: File:AVISKREELORE.pdf
Brief Lore / Short Version
The Aviskree Come from the world of S'ranjir a planet thought to have been previous uninhabitable. A group of Tajaran Researchers while on a route to their base, Hran'vasa experienced an earthquake that opened a chasm into a maze of caverns. After exploring these caverns the researchers came across an underground city of Avikaria. Hoping to find plenty of treasures the researchers began to explorer but when suddenly out of know where a group of humanoid avians appeared. These beings now known as the Aviskree explained to the researchers that their ancestors moved underground eons ago due to an immanent collision from a planet from outside their galaxy. Due to this their wings have lost all use and are merely aesthetic. What the Aviskree didn't know was that the planet in question did not collide with S'ranjir but instead was caught in its Gravity and due to its own gravity Ahdomai (the Tajaran home world) made the surface of S'ranjir unstable. The researchers had now found the truth of their twin planets origin in which they were researching for so many long years. The Aviskree now work together with their sister planet's residents to try to repair the damage done to their world so many eons ago. To do this the Aviskree have left their homeland in search of ways to repair their planet joining organizations such as NanoTrasen, Osiris Atmospherics, and there has even been news of some joining the syndicate.
The Aviskree are a humanoid bird race. The race comes in a wide range of colors, from bright reds to dull browns. They have wings but they are purely aesthetic. The Aviskree have been around for about 10-20 years, and work for many companies, but mainly Nanotrasen.They:
- are 7 - 8 feet tall.
- Have talons for feet/hands.
- have wings that go as so (their wingspan is twice their height, from one end to another):
- have sexual dimorphism in two ways:
- The males are brightly colored. Very rarely there is a white male Aviskree, and there are no darker color Aviskree males.
- The females are more of a darker color,but in rare cases can be brightly colored.
- The males have a split tail. The females have a pointed tail.
- They have a beak. The beaks are usually the same color as the Aviskree, but can be other colors, e.g. white, yellow, etc. It is more common for the beak to be yellow.
Discovery and the planet of the Aviskree
- The planet of the Aviskree is called Avis. This is known as S’ranjir to Tajara.
- The city the Aviskree were found in is called Avikaria. This is an underground city, not a surface city.
- The surface of Avis itself is highly unstable, and is more of an ‘ice-age’ type thing. Scattered around are skeletons of Aviskree past, known as “Aviskrin,” and huge towers.
- The Aviskree were found in 2534. This means only 24 years ago they were found. A small group of Aviskree were taught the ways of the human culture for 5 years. Please reflect on this, you were NOT born on a colony not on Avikaria in 2512, you were NOT born in 2014 on Earth. If you did not know that the year is 2558, please re-read the Baystation 12 lore. Let this be a reminder to you, lest the people in OOC make fun of you.
- There are human colonies on the surface of Avis. Read the lore to find out more of this, you lazy butt.
- Due to their short time after being discovered, not all Aviskree know how to speak Sol Common (English) properly.
- Younger Aviskree (18 - 25ish) are more likely to know Sol Common well.
- Older Aviskree (35 - 50ish) are less likely to know Sol Common as much.
- Most Aviskree or even other scientists don’t know this, but their lungs are built for surviving in the methane environment of Avis/S’ranjir. The Aviskree will be a bit nauseous at first upon introduction to the atmospheric environment on the surface, but will quickly become used to it as their lungs start to adapt to the methane itself. But because most people don’t know this, some are panicking, and are making attempts to move out of Avikaria/Avis/S’ranjir.
Aviskree Community and Language
- Aviachirp is a complex language comprised of chirping and whistling noises. As the description in your “Check known languages” window, it is a beautiful language that reminds even the most simplest of men of the chirps of birds long past. Take note of this and use longer words if possible, yes.
- Their religion is as follows: Avikan.
- This religion is based on a messenger, otherwise known as ‘Avik’. This messenger sends the dead spirits of Aviskree to a heaven known as Avia.
- Avikan is not a religion worshipped extremely. It is more of something to fall back on if you need something to believe on or hope on. In fact, most Aviskree don’t really know about Avikan. This is because Aviskree are told of this religion or hear of it when they are a youngling, so it is more of a laidback religion.
- Avikan is not a religion to ‘show off’ to other people.
You can tell people that you follow it, and explain it, but please don’t be shoving it into people’s faces. In fact, a wording from Avik is as stated: “Be humble to others, and be true to yourself, and your wings will take flight to the heaven of Avis.”
- Aviskree government is based on a leader-type system. There is a council of elders that meet and make decisions for the Aviskree, and guide their Kioalo (aka Soldiers). They manage the civilians of the Aviskree also.
- Kioalo are basically the workers of the Aviskree.
They usually hunt and ward off Kiakeo (Crazy Aviskree that do not know the difference between food and Aviskree themselves), and in their free time, farm, do other things, keep the peace, etc.
- The two main animals that the Aviskree find in the caves of Avis are mostly used for food and clothing.
- Ha’wae is a emu-like thing, except with one eye. They live in groups, and are easy to kill due to the fact that they have no sense of perspective. They taste of chicken.
- Ga’wae are like buffalo. They have fluffy skin that is used in articles such as blankets, jackets, shirts, etc.
You can also tan the skin in order to make it like some sort of leather-like material.
- There are actually a very, very rare animal in the caves of Avikaria called an Atoc. These ‘Atocs’ are similar to baby chicken, and are actually the cousin of the Aviskree themselves. Usually these are kept as pets due to the similarities, and how smart they are.
- Kiakeo are once again, crazy Aviskree. They still exist to this day, breeding in the dark caves of Avis, killing any wanderers that pass by. In 2558, of course, there are signs that say not to cross, and actual ‘border-like’ systems that block off caves known to have Kiakeo.
- Shikavi are ‘surface soldiers’, soldiers that went to the surface because they were sent by the elders of Avikaria. Many times they usually did not come back alive. These were usually male. ((As another note, this can be used as a ‘special beginning’ to your Aviskree character.))
- Marriage rituals are basically when two Aviskree decide that they enjoy the company of one another. Once a pair is married, they are officially ‘mates’ and can breed to produce offspring.
- Marriage starts with the male giving a multitude of gifts.
- In the end, both Aviskree give their mate a necklace medallion-type thing with their mate’s name on it. Usually these medallions are made of silver.
- It is a very, very extreme taboo to mate with an Aviskree you are not married to.
- It is almost execution-worthy to mate with another Aviskree’s mate.
- Most Aviskree now in the year 2558 have taken a human-like name. Some Aviskree however have kept their tribal-like name. Old Aviskree names are like so:
- Ji’wika’di, Nian’dali Va’salikini
- New Aviskree names are more humanlike, and for some odd reason may or may not contain common bird onomatopoeia
- Aviskree have been learning in many fields of education. Thus, they are capable of doing many non-head of staff jobs. They can also do head of staff jobs of they are qualified.
- Their normal height (8 feet) is a very uncomfortable position to be in. The usual height of a Space station is about 11-12 feet, so they are very close to the ceiling.
- Even though their wings do not work as much, they still have involuntary wing movements. This annoys others.
- Most Aviskree that work on Space Stations have an understanding of basic Sol Common. They cannot speak it as well, but they do understand.
- Aviskree enjoy talking in their native language. However, they talk it more quietly due to the fact that their language is chirps and whistles, and they know that it would either wake others up, or annoy them.
|Species on BestRP|
| Station Crew|
Human - Tajaran - Unathi - Skrell - Dionaea - IPC - Aviskree - Kidan
Vox - Xenomorph - Cortical Borer - Assimilation Borg